While using a website, sometimes you might get confused about which page you are on right now?
Sometimes you forget how you reached that page if there are multiple steps/pages to reach there. To solve this type of issue and make the website more user-friendly, developers often use breadcrumbs.
Breadcrumb is a hierarchical series of hyperlinks. It is usually placed on the top of the page and is also referred to as breadcrumb trails. It is separated by a single or a double greater than the (>, >>) sign. You can click on the link, and it will redirect you to the respective page that is very helpful for the users and reduces the effort for navigating to that page. Each link in the breadcrumbs is termed as a level.
Following are some important test cases for breadcrumb testing:
1. Verify the font and color of the links.
2. Verify that the links are separated by symbols like > or >> or something that indicates the page hierarchy.
3. Verify that the breadcrumbs are placed on top of the page.
4. Verify that the color, animation of links change on hover over them.
5. Verify that the cursor changes to the hand icon when hovering over them.
6. Verify that the current page location is highlighted in the breadcrumbs.
7. Verify the browser compatibility of the breadcrumbs.
8. Verify that clicking the link redirects to the respective page.
9. Verify that links redirect to the corresponding page.
10. Verify that links are separated and should not overlap.
11. Verify that the tooltip of the corresponding page URL should display on hover.
Breadcrumbs increase the usability of the page, so for larger sites, it is recommended to use breadcrumbs.
At Oodles ERP, we provide complete enterprise solutions with a focus on building user-centric software solutions for industry-specific needs of clients. Our end-to-end ERP application development services include quality assurance and software testing to render seamless app performance across devices. For more information, reach us out at [email protected].