Test Automation framework as a group of guidelines for creating and designing test cases. It's a conceptual part of the automated testing that helps testers to use resources more efficiently.
A framework is defined as a group of rules or best practices which will be followed during a systematic way that ensures to deliver the specified results.
Generally, a wider specification of test automation framework express that it consists of a class of processes, tools, and protocols which will be collectively used for automated testing of software applications.
An automation testing framework may be a platform developed by integrating various hardware, software resources alongside using various tools for automation testing and web service automation framework, supporting a professional set of assumptions. This framework allows structured design and development of automated test scripts and ensures reliable analysis of issues or bugs for the system or application under test (AUT).
Why can we use automation framework in test automation?
It is essential to use a framework for automated testing because it specifically improves the automation testing team’s efficiency and test speed. This automation testing framework also helps to enhance test accuracy, and drastically reduces the test maintenance costs and lowers risks involved.
What Is the aim of a Test Automation Framework?
– Enhances efficiency during the planning and development of automated test scripts by enabling the reuse of components or code
– Provides a structured development methodology to make sure uniformity of design across multiple test scripts to scale back dependency
– Permit reliable issue and issue detection and delivers correct root-cause analysis with minimum human intervention for the system under test
– Reduces dependence on teams by automatically selecting the test to execute consistent with test scenarios
– Refines dynamically test scope consistent with changes within the test strategy or conditions of the system under test
Different Types of Framework utilized in Automation Testing
There has been a big evolution of those over the years and a few of the important sorts of these frameworks are:
1.Linear Scripting Framework:
2.Modular Testing Framework:
3. Data Driven Testing Framework:
4. Keyword Driven Testing Framework:
5. Hybrid Testing Framework:
6. Test Driven Development framework (TDD):
7. Behavior Driven Development Framework (BDD):
– Spot defects early with fruitful detection of bugs and issues
– Warrant maximum test coverage as end-to-end automation testing frameworks are used
– Reduces manual efforts as tests are fully automated and wish less manual intervention
– most vital usage is with reference to code reusability
– Delivers greater productivity as testing time consumed is decreased
– Automated scripts conserve lot of QA time and verify quality is maintained and implemented
– Automated tests can run anytime,anywhere because the system runs them automatically
– Bug tracking reports deliver comprehensive reporting that's useful to DevOps teams
What are the steps for an efficient Test Automation Approach?
1. Evaluate to know the important need for automation supported application type
2. Define automation goals and priorities
3. Plan automated testing strategy
4. Select the proper automation testing tool & testing framework supported project requirements
5. choose what test cases to automate
6. Develop good quality test data
7. Create automated tests more immune to UI changes
8. Run the tests for the test scripts written
9. Test early and sometimes with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pattern
10. Keep the test scripts for later
With the agile and DevOps practices on the go, there's a requirement for faster releases and quality products. Test automation using test automation frameworks has many advantages like faster bug detection, reusable test scripts and minimum interference by humans while running the test scripts.
However, for enterprises to require the entire advantage of those automation frameworks, they ought to consider leveraging independent next-gen software testing services providers who have already developed fully functional test automation frameworks that need an easy plug and play to make sure faster and continuous releases.
We are an ERP development company that specializes in building high-quality business applications to handle complex enterprise processes with increased security, scalability, and operational efficiency. Our end-to-end custom ERP software development services enable organizations to streamline their operations and boost productivity.