The flow of goods, involving the production cycle, inventory, transportation, and final delivery of a product at the right place in time, comprises the logistics of a supply chain. The rapidly growing eCommerce industry demands a resilient supply chain with strategy and processes to manufacture, store, and ship goods while ensuring minimum overhead costs. Automated logistics software is important in fulfilling largescale orders efficiently as consumers expect fully-tracked fast deliveries. One of the main advantages of using logistics software is a holistic view of goods in an automated flow of inbound and outbound traffic. At Oodles, we provide supply chain software development services, including logistics software, to aid supply chains in efficiently handling their logistics. Explore the development time, cost, and features of a logistics software in this blog.
Need for Logistics Software
In a dynamic market, the sale of goods takes place through online as well as offline stores. Digitization of logistics is important to handle the changing demands of various industries. Logistics software organizes the enterprise data, maintains data integrity and accessibility for streamlined functioning and scrutiny of operations. A logistics software automates operations, predicts market trends, provides recommendations for cost-effective procurement, fleet, and transport decisions. It makes supply chains resilient through an intelligent risk management system. Logistics software simplifies processing of consumer requests and buying orders, inventory management, handling suppliers, sales, and distribution. Supply chain software development services from Oodles, like logistics management software, ensure well-distributed supply chain processes. Integration with advanced security features protects enterprise data from maleficent breaches.
Enterprises often integrate logistics software with their ERP system or simply use it to manage the entire supply chain. Let’s take a look at some of the features of logistics software.
1. It aids warehouse management by organizing the transit of goods as per the invoice. It gives a hierarchical view of the pick-up, dispatch, and delivery of products from the warehouse to the customer.
2. It enables enterprises to exercise efficient inventory control through built-in real-time tracking of goods with IoT. Also, its cloud platform ensures that supply chain data remains hierarchically accessible through secure channels.
3. It builds sales quotations and invoices on receiving orders. It also maintains a record of market rates and client contracts.
4. It allows efficient scheduling and routes planning to find the shortest, most cost-effective, time, and route for quick delivery of goods.
5. It aids in managing the fleet from end to end to ensure reliability and safety, and minimum overhead cost through reporting features.
6. Logistics software takes care of an enterprise’s available financial resources and assets with its ability to handle the general ledger, payables, receivables, and other transactions.
Benefits of Logistics Software
Logistics software caters to wide-ranging supply chains, and its benefits are numerous too. Lets list of a few:
1. It has an intuitive design as it is powered by self-learning algorithms, predictive analytics, mobility, and chatbots.
2. Logistics software can be easily integrated into the ERP and is, in itself, a suite of applications that support different processes.
3. It allows a central, role-based control over data access and real-time implementation of decisions.
4. As routing and scheduling are based on ML-based forecasting, shipment and delivery do not come across many operational hurdles.
5. It’s a go-to software for managing supply chains owing to the automation of complex processes based on huge datasets.
6. Logistics management software makes the supply chain cost-efficient by optimizing all resources and processes.
Custom Develop a Logistics Software with Oodles
Logistics software renders tools and processes that strengthen a supply chain’s ability to anticipate and manage risks and operational hurdles. At Oodles, we are an ERP development company with the objective of amplifying the potential of enterprises with cutting edge technologies. We integrate services like WFM, SCM, CRM, HRM, and SaaS into ERP software to enable businesses to centrally manage their resources. Contact us to build custom logistics software for your enterprise.