Communicating with employees, clients, suppliers, and consumers is central to any business. Integrating Odoo, a software suite for management applications, with WhatsApp, the most widely used messaging app is an extremely profitable venture. It translates into quick notifications and communication regarding business processes, further increasing efficiency. Be it supply chain operations or customer services, this integration helps organizations to merge visibility with interaction. Odoo’s WhatsApp integration comes with templates and is compatible with all its modules, including eCommerce, sales, marketing, and operations. At Oodles, we provide businesses with the right development tools for Custom Odoo ERP development, implementation, and integration. Let’s take a look at how you can exploit this integration for maximum gains.
Configuration as per Odoo’s official website:
All you need to do to configure WhatsApp onto an Odoo module is to follow the steps below:
1. Create a python library for the phone numbers
sudo pip3 install phonenumbers
Then add selenium bindings, selenium python library –
sudo pip3 install selenium
2. Install one of the two browsers below:,
sudo apt install –assume-yes chromium-browser
sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
3. You’ll then need to give permissions to the modules:
sudo chmod -R 777 /path/to/module/whatsapp_integration
Integration with WhatsApp serves a wide range of operations in an ERP. Here’s a list of a few benefits:
1.Communicating with customers was never easier. Simply use WhatsApp contact list to interact with clients.
2. With the many2many widgets, it’s possible to send messages to multiple contacts with multiple attachments.
3. Login is quick and simple. It only requires Odoo users to scan the QR code from a mobile device. Each Odoo user has different user sessions they can log out from.
4. Logging out is just as easy by following this simple step: Configuration > General Settings >Logout
5. Faster communication means quicker decision making, thus helping enterprises to stay ahead to meet market expectations.
We, at Oodles, are an Odoo Development Company with the goal of maximizing the potential of enterprises with next-gen technologies. We design SaaS models for every business size, industry, system, platform, and use cases. We develop ERP software integrated with WFM, SCM, CRM, HRM, and accounting services. Talk to our experts and avail our all in-purchase Custom Odoo ERP development for integration with WhatsApp and other applications.